[ardour-users] Noob question

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 13:49:48 PDT 2004

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 13:18:01 -0700 (PDT), Daniel Maher
<maher_dan2 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I just bought a Presonus Firepod that has a firewire
> interface on it. I would like to explore the idea of
> running ardour with it. Could anyone give me any
> pointers?

Learn to program. Learn about IEC-specs and possibly mLAN under NDA.
Start working. One day it works.

Alternatively, contact Steve Harris. I gave an silly answer like this
the other day. He responded that there is some work going on
somewhere.

I care deeply. I work on 1394 for a living. I've supplied 1394
hardware to developers for free. So far no tangible results,
so...learn to program, learn about IEC specs, ... ;-)