[ardour-users] Re: keybindings and easter eggs

vanDongen/Gilcher gml at xs4all.nl
Mon Nov 15 01:35:53 PST 2004

On Monday 15 November 2004 00:16, Dan Harper wrote:
> Hi ardour-fans,
>
> I've put these keyboard shortcuts into a brief cheat sheet, available
> at:
>
> http://danharper.org/ardour/
>
> It is likely to be wildly inaccurate, but I've tried to create and edit
> it according to the input from Derek and Gerard.  Although I did have
> some trouble interpreting some of Gerard's changes, maybe you could
> check over it Gerard and make sure it's OK.

There is still some confusion in it. But it _is_ a confusing thing.
Some remarks:

1) (region-)gain and range mouse modes should be seperated.
f.i. you can't do anything with gain or automation points in range mode.

2)Any bindings for the gain-points are also valid for the automation points.
Except that automation points are editable in object mode and the region-gain
points in only in gain-mode.

3)[select] is not a key. What is meant is that [a] alligns the current
selection.

4)[meta] and [shift][meta] are general time and level (or x and y) constrain
modifiers. So they operate (or they should operate) on any draggable thing
where it makes sense to have a constrained drag in that direction.

5)in zoom mode I forgot to mention that left-click will zoom in and
middle-click will zoom out.

6)right click always gives the context menu. So that is not mode specific

7)the ctrl-meta should be ctrl-alt for start rubberband select.
If you just click in the canvas you can of course always start a rubberband
select. This binding allows you to start a rubberband inside a region.

8)I just saw in the code: ctrl-shift on a marker will hide it. It is still
there but hidden.

that is it for now.
You should try all these out though before finalizing a cheatsheet like that.
And just play around, click on anything with any key/button combo and see what
happens.

cheers

Gerard

--