[ardour-users] some questions

Wolfgang Woehl tito at rumford.de
Thu Nov 11 08:40:37 PST 2004

Jan Depner:
> Dave Phillips:
> > Jan Depner:
> > >Dave Phillips:
> > >
> > > Yes.  Trying to set it up the other way is a giant PITA.
> >
> > It doesn't seem too tough on an AGNULA/Demudi or Planet C system.
> > What distro are you based on ?
>
>  Planet, FC1.  Also, I'm not too worried about running as root.  I've
> been doing system admin for a quarter century and I'm behind 2
> firewalls ;-)

Jan, I'm sure you know what you are doing. Can't help to say though that
even implying you're safe behind a firewall is plain wrong. I don't
check code. When there is a new jamin release I build it, install it,
thank the universe for fft and enjoy myself.

In theory: Mr. Do-it-from-the-inside posts the one jack app to LAU we've
all been waiting for like jack-my_voice_like_tony_bennet. You run it as
root, like all your jack stuff, and there you are.

The point is not being online or offline while running stuff as root.
It's *what* you run as root. I guess.

Wolfgang