[ardour-users] reporting errors

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 13:52:11 PST 2004

On 08 Nov 2004 15:47:35 -0600, Jack O'Quin <joq at io.com> wrote:

> Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > And I think that's a reasonable process. However I cancelled all my
> > ***-dev subscriptions awhile back since they didn't provide me with as
> > much value and I have little to offer there anyway. So, to ask on
> > ardour-dev I'd have to sign up. Not a big deal, but not as easy as
> > just asking here.
> >
> > Anyway, I'll sign up to ardour-dev for a day or two and send along the
> > compile failure I got form last evening's CVS tarball. I had hoped to
> > find a newer Ardour ebuild in portage but nothing newer than beta19.
>
> If you're not following ardour-dev, maybe you should just use Mantis.
> That's what it's for.  I like ardour-dev because it usually gives some
> immediate feedback.
> --
>   joq

I can us Mantis, but I think this problem is not a bug, per se. It's
just an oversite or aq tools issue most likely. I hate to put things
in the bug system that are caught on a nightly tarball since it may
just be that a developer didn't finish putting all the files in, etc.

I'll join ardour-dev in a few minutes and post the error along there.
(Essentially ./autogen.sh fails. Pretty basic...)

Thanks,
Mark