[ardour-users] NooB with glib-config and glib version errors

Jan Depner eviltwin69 at cableone.net
Sat May 22 11:42:09 PDT 2004

The web page you reference below is mine - I originally started by using
RH 7.3 and loading everything by hand but recently the hassle of keeping
gcc 2.96 and Ardour happy was too much.  I hit a compiler problem that
wasn't easily solved.  I've switched to Fedora Core 1 using CCRMA for
everything except JACK, Ardour, and JAMin.  You can use their version of
JAMin too but I'm one of the authors so I have to work from scratch on
that ;-)  You still have to build Ardour by hand and there are a couple
of prerequisites that you might have to build from scratch but Planet
CCRMA really makes your life easier.  It took me a day to reload and
setup but it was worth every second.  Fernando has done a great job with
the Planet.  I'm sure Gentoo is fine too - I just haven't used it ;-)

Jan