[ardour-users] Control surfaces

R Parker rtp405 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 30 09:29:27 PST 2004

I don't know anything about control surfaces. And I
wouldn't because everything I need is in a mixer.
Duane paying $1,500.00 U.S. for a DM-24 is a damned
fine argument.

I appreciate you and Duane's thoughts on getting it
right the first time.

I try to examine my immediate tasks and what will be
required several years from now. I definitely need the
minimum of 16 Mic, Line, Insert and A/D, and the 6
assignable send/return (outboard gear), six aux and
eight buss. I need the capability for 24 tracks of
ADAT. The DM-24 only ships with one ADAT bank, you
have to use expansion cards. Of course it does ship
with three TDIF banks. I interface the DM-24 to an RME
digi9652 and a Motu 2408. We have to maintain Mac
solutions in the studio.

I don't know anything about Yamaha or Behringer
mixers. I'm sure it's a very competitive market. I do
know the DM-24 and never feel it was a mistake. One of
the things that sold me, it's been a couple years, was
talking to a person that had two each of Mackie 8 Buss
and DM-24. He claimed to prefer the DM-24.

ron