[ardour-users] Building from CVS on Mandrake (automake version problem)

Joe Button ardour at joebutton.co.uk
Wed Mar 24 10:50:25 PST 2004

Hi.

I'm trying to build ardour from CVS on Mandrake 10 community. When I run
autogen.sh I get a message telling me I need automake >=1.5 (Mandrake uses
1.4 as standard). I tried changing the symlinks for aclocal and automake to
the 1.7 versions in /etc/alternatives/ and running aclocal but I got a
message saying
aclocal: configure.ac: 4: macro `AM_BUILD_ENVIRONMENT' not found in library

What's the proper way to use a later version of automake?

Thanks for any help.