[ardour-users] can't bounce with effects

tim tbarrass at pgrad.unimelb.edu.au
Wed Mar 24 02:32:13 PST 2004

Can anyone tell me how to a) automate without crashing, or b) bounce
with effects?
I want to fade a delayed signal in and out on a track.  To work around
automation crashing or freezing my computer, I'm trying to bounce the
track without any dry signal while manually changing the gain slider.
I've tried sending the wet output of the track I'm bouncing to the new
track, and only the dry signal shows up once the track is recorded.
I've also tried using a send but no signal at all gets through when
recording even though its there when playing.
Thanks for any hints,
Tim