[ardour-users] can't find glib

Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano nando at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Tue Mar 16 10:35:57 PST 2004

> ardour can't configure on my red hat 9b.
> it says:
>
> > checking for glib-config... no
> > checking for GLIB - version >= 1.0.0... no
> > *** The glib-config script installed by GLIB could not be found
> > *** If GLIB was installed in PREFIX, make sure PREFIX/bin is in
> > *** your path, or set the GLIB_CONFIG environment variable to the
> > *** full path to glib-config.
>
> rpm says i've got glib 1.2.10 installed.:o
>
> I downloaded and installed glib 2.2.3 (as a tarball, not rpm) but it
> didn't generate any glib-config file.:(((
>
> has anyone any idea?

If you are on RH9 you need to install the glib-devel package. And most
probably erase the manual install you did, it probably went to
/usr/local if you used the defaults. It may eventually conflict with the
aready installed glib rpm.

-- Fernando