[ardour-users] Machine configurations continued ...

James Coates jamesc-ardour at affection.net
Mon Mar 15 17:14:05 PST 2004

Back to the ASUS A7N8X-Deluxe problems ...

It appears not to like heavy IO over discs or network interfaces. I've had the
machine lock-up during a disc format or when doing a backup over the network.
These days it's also getting progressively more unstable day after day, so I
think it's time to assume that the mobo needs to go.

We're going to try installing SuSE (which claims to support the board) as a
last-ditch attempt but at the first lock-up it's going to mobo heaven. Or
eBay. :-)

James.
xx