[ardour-users] Cutting regions across boundaries

Jan Depner eviltwin69 at cableone.net
Mon Mar 15 14:14:23 PST 2004

	I've recently been putting together tracks using Drums On Demand loops
(it beats trying to work with a real drummer ;-).  This involves pasting
a ton of little loops together and overlaying with single drum hits.  In
addition I've been doing cut/copy and paste operations on the recorded
instrument and vocal tracks.  My problem is that if I want to cut a
section out of a track and it runs across region boundaries the lower
region will sometimes come to the fore when I click on it (in range
mode) to begin selecting the range for cutting.  This means that,
although I've deleted the dead air section I have inadvertently pushed
my pasted overdubs into the background.  Is there a way that I can
delete sections across the region boundaries without changing the
ordering of the regions?

Jan