[ardour-users] Recording music

Geoffrey Wossum geoffrey at pager.net
Mon Mar 15 06:42:06 PST 2004

On Sunday 14 March 2004 01:20 pm, Third Option @ Hotmail wrote:
> Configurator?  Guys, is the word "Configurator" really in the manual?  I'm
> gonna shoot myself

Configurator is a perfectly cromulent word. ^_^

Actually, GNOME calls their configuration application a configurator.  Maybe
they don't anymore, I haven't used GNOME in many years now.

About 7 years ago I started at a software company doing CRM applications, and
starting calling their configuration program the configurator.  The guy I
shared an office with laughed at me, but soon he was calling it the
configurator, and before long it spread through the rest the developers.
When the next version of the software was branched in the version control,
the configuration program was renamed "configurator" in the repository.

And most recently, I was forced to do some work on an MS SQL server because
the admin was out sick, and actually ran into an MS program whose title bar
read "Configurator".

---
Geoffrey