[ardour-users] Recording music

Florian Schmidt mista.tapas at gmx.net
Sun Mar 14 10:38:11 PST 2004

On Sun, 14 Mar 2004 17:38:08 +0100
Markus Pfeifer <mek at mequito.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I almost don't dare to ask this question, but I am now struggling such
> a long time with getting music to record with ardour, that now I just
> need to ask it.
>
> I read in the manual on page 45 the following under the second point:
>
> "Check the input configurator for the new track. Click on its control
> area." etc...
>
> But, where is the input configurator?
> I think I looked at everything and right-clicked on every possible
> field, but there's nothing what even looks like an 'input
> configurator'
>
> I do not understand what I have to do here. Just pressing on record
> doesn't seem to work. Can someone point me to the right direction?

Ok, to record in ardour you need to do three things:

1] connect the input of the track you want to record to to a readable
jack port

2] turn on "rec" [recording] on that track

3] hit record in the transport bar..

oh, it'4 if i remember corect:

4] hit play to actually start rolling [and recording]

Which if these steps is giving you trouble?

Flo

--
to sign or not to sign, that is the question