[ardour-users] Recording music

R Parker rtp405 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 14 09:07:25 PST 2004

Hi Markus,

Beginning with the simplest concept; everything in
audio is connecting outputs to inputs. A guitar has an
output that might go to the input of a pre-amp. With
Jack Audio Connection Kit there are two types of
ports, hardware and software, that can be connected to
establish routes between the ports. You can connect
software outputs to software inputs or software
outputs to hardware inputs.

When you connect two or more ports, you have
established a route. I say that just to keep the
terminology clear which isn't always easy.

Ardour has a Route Parameter or Route something
interface under the Options menu. Paul's use of the
term "input configurator" might be misleading. If you
think it is, send a letter to ardour-dev.

Your solution is in the Options, Route whatever it's
named interface.

ron