[ardour-users] the land of xruns

derek holzer derek at x-i.net
Thu Mar 11 10:48:38 PST 2004

Hi Matt

Lawrie Abbott wrote:
> Matt Polashek wrote:
>> I am in the land of xruns.  Can someone help me get out. I am running
>> Fedora
>> fc1.
> http://www-ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/tunesystem.html

Simplest thing would be install the Planet CCRMA kernel for Fedora, and
check out the systems tuning stuff mentioned above. Next step is the use
a lightweight window manager like Fluxbox or Windowmaker. Every time I
see somebody doing live audio work under Linux, I know I ain't looking
at Gnome or KDE ;-) Checking your PCI/IRQ interrupts and seeing if
there's conflict is another step, as this site describes:

 > http://myweb.cableone.net/eviltwin69/Arcana.html#IRQs

good luck,
d.

--