[ardour-users] Re: suse 9.1 libxml-2.0.pc

Wolfgang Woehl tito at rumford.de
Thu Jun 17 05:53:06 PDT 2004

rabbit <sorax at powerup.com.au>:
> Hi Wolfgang
>
> Thanks for the reply...libxml-2.0.pc is in the right place
> however PKG_CONFIG_PATH was not in bashrc
> I added it but still the lib could not be found..??? does that smell
> like another problem ??

It's not necessary to modify PKG_CONFIG_PATH when your *.pc files are in
the standard locations.

Another thing to check though is whether your pc file from the net
actually reflects the locations of your libxml2-stuff. Mine looks like

----
prefix=/usr
exec_prefix=${prefix}
libdir=/usr/lib
includedir=${prefix}/include

Name: libXML
Version: 2.5.10
Requires:
Libs: -L${libdir} -lxml2 -lpthread -lz  -lm
Cflags: -I${includedir}/libxml2 -I${includedir}/libxml2
----

I have
/usr/lib/libxml2* and
/usr/include/libxml2/*