[ardour-users] Control surfaces

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon Jun 7 15:39:02 PDT 2004

Hallo,
Them hat gesagt: // Them wrote:

> They do, under the Evolution brand-name:
>
> http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=products.list&ID=evolutioncontrollers

M-Audio simply bought this company. Lets hope they incorporate
Evolution's knowledge as well, because Evolution makes really great
controllers and they understand the USB spec, whereas the M-Audio
developers have had serious problems with that in the past.

I own the Evol. UC-33, it works plug-and-play using USB on Linux,
ALSA. No firmware hassles, all fine. You can see me working on it
under Linux here: http://tinyurl.com/29a5h

But you also can use it as a simple midi controller. AFAIK most USB
midi controllers also have standard midi output connectors. I use my
M-Audio Oxygen that way because firmware installers suck IMO.

Ciao