[ardour-users] Control surfaces

Them idragosani at chapelperilous.net
Mon Jun 7 12:13:12 PDT 2004

Jesse Chappell wrote:

>  > Actually, I was looking also at the Contour Shuttle Pro (which I can get
>  > a discount since I have a registered version of Cakewalk) and some of
>  > the M-Audio controllers, which are all USB (and cheaper than the JL
>  > Cooper products).  Do you have more information on their support under
>  > Linux?  I couldn't find any via the Linux USB site.
>
> The shuttle pro is a different class of product, and the support
> for that with linux/ardour is called sxpress, and was recently written and available
> here:  http://www.helsinki.fi/~stsavola/software/

Cool, thanks.

> As for the m-audio stuff and other midi-like devices see the other
> posts here.  I'm a little confused as to the scope of the interfaces
> you are interested in, as m-audio doesn't appear to make control
> "surfaces" or transport control devices.

They do, under the Evolution brand-name:

http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=products.list&ID=evolutioncontrollers

I'm not really looking at those anyway.  Right now I am just window
shopping before making a decision, and want to make sure what I decide
is going to be supported.

-- Brett