[ardour-users] Finally upgraded - Wow!

Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano nando at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Sun Jul 25 17:23:57 PDT 2004

On Sun, 2004-07-25 at 14:53, Josh Karnes wrote:
> Scott Helmke wrote:
> > I finally upgraded my (Planet CCRMA) Ardour  from probably 5/6 months ago.
> > Looks great!  The bugs in the older version were really causing me problems,
> > so big hopes for this release.
> >
> > One (in my case minor) problem, though - Ardour crashes when I try to open
> > old sessions.  These are all "learning to use Ardour" sessions for the most
> > part, so no great loss, but it would be nice to go back to a couple of them.
> >
> > Thanks for the great software!  I'll definitely be buying the manual when it
> > comes out.

> What's the version on planet ccrma now?  Maybe I need to upgrade?

Current (as of a few minutes ago) is 0.9beta18.4...

> Also, is Ardour (new version) supposed to open old projects?  That's a critical
> important issue for me!!

It is supposed to open old projects, but a couple of Planet CCRMA users
have reported problems with that. I suggest you keep an old version of
ardounr around for old projects (yesterday I added a special package to
Planet CCRMA with a build of 0.9beta11.2 that can be installed at the
same time as the newest ardour, apt-get install ardour-beta11-2 to get
it).

So, if you upgrade (from 11.2) keep a backup of your old sessions before
you try the new ardour.

-- Fernando