[ardour-users] Can't install on Mandrake

Johannes Ringheim jri at broadpark.no
Sat Jul 24 05:12:00 PDT 2004

D. R. Evans wrote:

> It says
> [ERROR] MIDI: no such port device
> [WARNING]: MMC MIDI port "hw:0" not available: no MMC control possible
> [ERROR] No toggle button pixmaps found to match toggle-button-[0-9]*.xpm$
> [ERROR] Could not initialize Ardour

The Ardour-rpms (thacs) does not seem to require ardour-pixmaps to
install. It doesn't ask for it, but ardour fails at startup if you
haven't installed it. Had this problem myself, I remember now.

I uninstalled ardour-pixmaps, wich btw didn't require uninstall of
ardour, and got this output when trying to run ardour:

Ardour/GTK 0.524.2 running with libardour 0.823.4
ardour: [WARNING]: Without a UI style file, ardour will look strange.
Please set ARDOUR_UI_RC to point to a valid UI style file
ardour: [ERROR]: MIDI: no such port device
ardour: [ERROR]: MIDI: no such port device
ardour: [WARNING]: No MMC control (MIDI port "hw:1" not available)
ardour: [ERROR]: No toggle button pixmaps found to match
toggle-button-[0-9]*.xp m$
ardour: [ERROR]: could not initialize Ardour.

--
Johannes M Ringheim
Ringheims Auto