[ardour-users] Newbie needing help

Russell Hanaghan hanaghan at starband.net
Sun Jul 18 11:06:47 PDT 2004

On Sun, 2004-07-18 at 09:11, Johannes Ringheim wrote:
> James McDonald wrote:
>
> > I can't seem to get Ardour to install on a Dual 450 IBM Intellistation
> > running Mandrake 9.2.  I can configure it but then when I go to "make"
> > I get errors (sorry forgot them).  If this is a common ocurance please
> > let me know if not I'll post more detail regarding the errors.  Either
> > way thank you.
>
> Don't know how newbie you are, but being one myself I'm very happy with
> thac's mandrake rpms:
> http://rpm.nyvalls.se/
>
> I add it to my urpmi database, as explained on the site, wich solves
> dependency problems automatically. ( urpmi.addmedia thacs.rpms
> http://rpm.nyvalls.se/9.2/RPMS with hdlist.cz - makes thacs rpms appear
> in RpmDrake).
>
> -johannes ringheim.

I too am a big fan of this repository. But...I think beta 11.2 was the
last version he packaged for MDK 9.2.  Might want to think about
upgrading to Mdk 10.0

Beta 11.2 was pretty stable and I used it for a long time but if you
want the latest and greatest then you need to upgrade your Mdk system.

Also, in case your not familiar,  http://rpm.pbone.net is a useful site
for finding rpms as is http://rpmfind.net.