[ardour-users] Midi port...

gerard van dongen gml at xs4all.nl
Thu Jul 15 06:51:35 PDT 2004

Ardour either uses a raw midi device (f.i. /dev/snd/midiC0D0 or somthing
like this) or it can set up for an alsa sequencer port.
The available options are in the config files, and the one used is set in
the option window.
Clearly if it uses the raw device, another app can't use that device.
So you can either set it up to use /dev/snd/midiC1Dx if card1 is
snd-seq-dummy or set it up as a sequencer client.

I had some problems when I had both enabled in the master config files,
but alsa-sequencer worked when I edited them so that it was the only
option.

Hope this helps

Gerard