[ardour-users] Question about monitoring & latency compensation

Them idragosani at chapelperilous.net
Sun Jul 4 10:48:17 PDT 2004

I was doing some recording last night with Ardour.  I had hardware
monitoring turned on in JACK, which my soundcard supports (Audiophile
2496).  Of course, when I was recording and monitoring the hardware
inputs, I couldn't hear the playback of the already recorded tracks, so
I switched my monitoring to the PCM playback (software monitoring).  I'd
hear a slight delay in the monitoring of my live playing when I played
along with the tracks I'd already recorded.  How does Ardour handle
latency compensation for this?

-- Brett
                                           http://www.chapelperilous.net/