[ardour-users] draw waveform while recording?

Anthony DiSante orders at nodivisions.com
Wed Feb 25 03:50:25 PST 2004

 >>>When ardour is recording, the cursor moves, but it doesn't actually
 >>>draw the waveform(s) until I hit stop.  Is that by design, or is
 >>>there something wrong with my setup?
 >
> My mailer went berserk.  What I was trying to say is that you don't want
> to be using up cycles on pretty pictures.  The sliding colored region is
> just to let you know that it's recording and where you are in relation
> to everything else.

Hey, speak for yourself, pal :)

No, but seriously, of course I understand that reasoning.  Still, it would
be a nice thing to have as an option.  My CPU is nearly idle when I'm
recording -- I'm not using any plugins or doing anything fancy yet, but
still.  I'm used to my friends' systems where they run Windows and record
with Cakewalk or CoolEdit or things like that, so I just naturally expected
that ardour would draw the wave as it records it.

It's certainly not anything important, but as far as the GUI goes, it'd be a
nice option.

-Anthony
http://nodivisions.com/