[ardour-users] Re: [ardour-dev] Latency: AGP vs PCI video card and XFS journalling vs not

Eric ej at ir.iit.edu
Mon Feb 23 10:39:15 PST 2004

I will try 2.4.  My box is APIC, I imagine, since it's a dual athlon.
Can I still help anything along interrupt-wise?  Unfortunately,
reading tracks and writing others to the disk at the same time is
usually a reality for me...I have been wondering whether moving all my
completed tracks to one disk and writing to the other would be faster
though, although it doesn't seem like one disk is enough to read 12
tracks concurrently with low latency.  Anyone have experience w/
whether it's better to read all from one and write to the other or
read some from each and writ concurrently?

eric.

--
http://ir.iit.edu/~ej