[ardour-users] Problem with qjackctl

Ben Edwards funkytwig at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 15:16:16 PST 2004

I was having problems cos I had two versions of jack installed.  The
reason this hapened in the first place was because I used debian
apt-get to install libjack and this brought in an old version of
jackd.   I have removed the old version of jackd but it also takes
libjack with it.

anyway I have tried rebuilding jack and qjackctl.  Everything builds
OK but when I rey to start qjackctl I get:

"qjackctl: error while loading shared libraries: libjack.so.0: cannot
open shared object file: No such file or directory"

locate  libjack.so.0 gives

"/usr/local/lib/libjack.so.0.0.23
/usr/local/lib/libjack.so.0
/home/ben/jack/jack/libjack/.libs/libjack.so.0.0.23
/home/ben/jack/jack/libjack/.libs/libjack.so.0"

Any idea how to sort this?

Ben

--
Ben Edwards - Poole, UK, England
WARNING:This email contained partisan views - dont ever accuse me of