[ardour-users] Re: tuning ardour + jack

Michaël Ball michael.ball at pandora.be
Tue Aug 31 14:29:19 PDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-09-01 at 00:17, andy wrote:
> On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 23:02:57 +0100, andy wrote:
>
> > I now have most of the setup I've been working running OK - thanks for the
> > help people have given. The system isn't that stable though - ardour keeps
> > being kicked by jack, e.g. when I start a new instance of ices, and
> > alsaplayer, which I'm using for recorded input, is crashing quite a bit.
> >
> > Are there any good web pages that I could work through to get the system
> > tuned up as well as possible?
>
> P.S. my setup is:

*snip*

While this won't be much help in tuning up your system, it should make
things run a bit faster.

Kill all processes you don't absolutely need. I notice you're running
firefox in there, kdm, ssh, etc. What I do is, when I'm working on an
audio session, I'll run X with fluxbox running on top of it, ardour and
jackd, and pretty much nothing else. I kill smartmontools, sshd, any
init.d script which isn't vital to the system running.

--
Michaël Ball <michael.ball at pandora.be>