[ardour-users] Re: Please help

andy news4 at earthsong.free-online.co.uk
Mon Aug 30 02:10:29 PDT 2004

On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 16:32:20 +0000, James McDonald wrote:

> I'm trying to get apt to work but I don't know where to get the database so
> that it can see software packages to install.  I've tried absolutly
> everything on any website I can find to get Ardour running is ther ANY
> resource that explains how from start to finish to install Ardour.  All I
> seem to find is Ardour pointing to planet ccrma who points to someone else
> who points to someone else and none of them is intuitive.  Please this is
> killing me and I've been told by friends that this is the solution I am
> looking for.  None of them installed their own software by the way so they
> are of little use.
>
> Thanks
> Jim

you're probably better off asking questions like this on one of the
general linux support groups on usenet, like comp.os.linux.misc. You need
to install a newsreader like Pan to read them though, but that should be
part of your standard distribution. Also, at least say which distribution
you're running - they are all different when it comes to installing
packages.

Have you checked to see if your distro comes with a version of ardour
aleady? E.g. in debian you'd run synaptic and search for ardour, in SuSE
or Mandrake you'd go through the control centre and look for 'install
software'.

--
http://www.niftybits.ukfsn.org/

remove 'n-u-l-l' to email me. html mail or attachments will go in the spam
bin unless notified with [html] or [attachment] in the subject line.