[ardour-users] Newbie to ardour

Brett W. McCoy idragosani at chapelperilous.net
Fri Aug 27 11:32:13 PDT 2004

Jason Jones wrote:
> Thanks for your responses....  I was kind of suspecting this would be
> the case.  Brett suggested the Delta1010LT card.  Is there any other
> cards out there people have had experience with?  I just need to make
> sure the card works well with Ardour / Linux before I buy one.

The M-Audio cards seem to be well supported under Linux (I use the
Audiophile 2496 and it works wonderfully -- it provides 2 analog in/out
and two digital in/out).  The RME Hammerfall hardware is very well
regarded also... I guess a lot depends on how much you are willing to spend.

Check out the ALSA hardware compatibility list, it'll save you some
headaches.

-- Brett