[ardour-users] Recording demo from "Soup to Nutz"

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Wed Aug 25 16:24:14 PDT 2004

On Wed, Aug 25, 2004 at 04:12:10PM -0700, Russell Hanaghan wrote:
> So how would I best do the fade out...fade into next song and then raost
> it onto a cd within the linux environment? Would I need to record all
> songs into one session of Ardour and then edit out the excess? Or can I
> master out from Ardour thru Jammin and record into another app that will
> prepare the final mix for commit to cd?

I haven't yet done any serious mixing / mastering so I won't comment there.
Use your choice of apps to produce a single 44.1/16/2 wav file complete
with fades.  For the final step, I'd load that one wav file gcdmaster to
prepare a contents (.toc) file, and use cdrdao to burn the result.

That way you get all your fades, but the end user can still skip
around to your defined track start points.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com