[ardour-users] Recording demo from "Soup to Nutz"

Russell Hanaghan hanaghan at starband.net
Wed Aug 25 16:12:10 PDT 2004

So I wanna use Ardour to do my promo demo cd.

I want to record whole songs...about 8 or 10, using my midi
backing...lets just say from an external sequencer. But i don't want to
actually put the whole song on the demo cd. I'd rather just do a medley
with just the hook or a verse and chorus or whatever with fade ins and
outs. No one listens to a whole demo anyway.

So I can maybe sync Ardour to Sonar XL and dump the midi tracks 2 @ a
time to wave in Ardour ...or jsut record a stereo wave from the Sonar
Laptop into Ardour and add guitars and vocals.  I can figure out which
will work best after a few trial runs. I hope the stereo midi pre mixed
in Sonar is best because of time...

So how would I best do the fade out...fade into next song and then raost
it onto a cd within the linux environment? Would I need to record all
songs into one session of Ardour and then edit out the excess? Or can I
master out from Ardour thru Jammin and record into another app that will
prepare the final mix for commit to cd?

Need some ideas here. I'd do all of this in Linux but the sequencer app
options are not really there yet IMHO.

Thanks

Russell