[Ardour-Dev] Introducing support for ShuttlePRO v2

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Mon May 29 11:29:44 PDT 2017

On Mon, 29 May 2017, Johannes Mueller wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am working on a control surface to support the ShttlePRO v2 device [1] on
> Linux. The device is working well using the input event struct of linux/
> inputs.h.

The shuttle pro is a nice controller. However, using linux/inputs limits
it to linux use and would not be able to be merged with the rest of the
code. I would suggest looking at the fp8 and other controlers using USB
directly. This would allow the code to be used with windows or MacOS.

> By now the handling of the events is hard coded and doing things that make
> sense to my work-flows. However I'd like to make it user configurable
> although I am not sure how to do it exactly (how to configure things that are
> not actions, for example).

This is not hard, but not easy to give an overall answer to either. Things
are broken down into 3 kinds of things, actions which you already know
about, session controls (global things like transport) and stripable
controls which are per track/bus/vca. Look in session.h and stripable.h
for an idea.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net