[Ardour-Dev] OSC control of individual processors?

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Mon Jun 19 15:36:12 PDT 2017

On Tue, 20 Jun 2017, Jörn Nettingsmeier wrote:

>>    oscsend localhost 3819 /strip/plugin/parameter iiif 3 1 2 400
>
> I was using this a while ago and while it worked somehow, I hit upon a
> weird bug (some params being inaccessible, I need to dig up some old
> notes, I think I put it in mantis...).
> But since /strip doesn't show up when I run "ardour5 -A", I thought it
> had been discontinued and didn't consider it. Is there a specific reason
> it's omitted from the generated list?

Why would strip show up if you ran ardour5 -A ? It is not a menu action.
That is there is no menu option that does /strip something. the -A switch
shows menu actions that any surface can use and send signals to the GUI.
OSC on the other hand interacts with the strips and session directly
without going through the GUI at all (except for /access_action of
course). Please see
http://manual.ardour.org/using-control-surfaces/controlling-ardour-with-osc/
for the best source of information.

--