[Ardour-Dev] Feedback on string-convert branch

John Emmas johne53 at tiscali.co.uk
Thu Jan 12 08:12:24 PST 2017

On 12/01/2017 14:27, John Emmas wrote:

> there are A LOT of files which #include pbd/i18n.h (around 200 in
> libardour alone).
>
> If I modify 'ardour/session.h' and 'ardour/rc_configuration.h' so that
> they both #include ardour/types_convert.h I can reduce that figure to
> around a dozen or so files (for the DLLs).  However, the gtk2_ardour
> branch also has around 200 files

Success!!  (hopefully!)

I managed to build the gtk2_ardour branch (again, only needing to modify
a dozen or so files).  I guess the others must end up #including
'ardour/session.h' maybe.  So I've managed to build everything now by
only modifying a couple of dozen files to add support for #include
ardour/types_convert.h

I've been at this for over 9 hours today so I'm totally shattered now!
I'll do some testing tomorrow and then hopefully push my changes
upstream.  Best regards,

John