[Ardour-Dev] Feedback on string-convert branch

John Emmas johne53 at tiscali.co.uk
Fri Jan 13 10:50:39 PST 2017

On 13/01/2017 12:42, John Emmas wrote:
> On 12/01/2017 23:38, Tim Mayberry wrote:
>>
>> So do you know what is causing the problem? Is it a compiler issue or
>> is it just caused by the differences in your build configuration etc?
>>

> My original theory was that there must be a header file somewhere
> which needs to #include ardour/types_convert.h (or maybe
> pbd/enum_convert.h) but whichever file that was, the #include is
> missing.  However, I haven't been able to find anything so I assume I
> was probably wrong about that. :-(

Hi Tim - I think I might have found the problem !!!

AFAICT 'ardour/region.h' needs to #include ardour/types_convert.h - and
the reason it's needed has something to do with this at line 436:-

       PBD::EnumProperty<PositionLockStyle> _position_lock_style;

Apart from that, the same #include is needed in
'ardour_rc_configuration.h' (because of all the CONFIG_VARIABLE stuff)
but once those two have been modded, everything will build, except for
gtk2_ardour.

I'm guessing there must be some similar issue somewhere within
gtk2_ardour but once again, I'm too tired to do any more on this
tonight.  Hopefully it'll be another simple fix though (let me know if
you have any ideas).  Best regards,

John