[Ardour-Dev] OSC middleware - was:gain-mapping

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Tue May 24 11:05:25 PDT 2016

On Tue, 24 May 2016, Felix Homann wrote:

> I just came across this video on how to use a X32 as a control surface for
> Reaper. I didn't know people were actually using it this way:
>
>  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnMsbxwguN4
>
> Here's Patrick-Gilles Maillot's X32Reaper utility:
>
> https://sites.google.com/site/patrickmaillot/x32
>
> Might be interesting to do something similar for Ardour.

He lists the source for everything except the x32/reaper middleware  :P

However, I think that making a generic middleware for Ardour to _whatever_
is not impossible. The Ardour math is compatible with what controllers are
out there already. It is more a matter of straight translation table which
could be done with a "map" file similar to generic MIDI.

It should be noted that this is just the glimpse of a dream at this point
(unless someone wants to do coding) getting Ardour's OSC done, so that any
middleware knows what the Ardour end looks like, has to be done first.

(url for pmaillot's github saved, Thank you)

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net