[Ardour-Dev] I have a few questions on performance concerning CPUs and APUs.

outro pessoa outro.pessoa at gmail.com
Thu May 19 15:57:04 PDT 2016

The standard Linux kernel maxes out at 1 kilohertz, while BSD kernels are
able to do twice that speed and more. Okay, with a POWER/PowerPC processor
- either 32bit or 64bit - and an APU - such as X-fi and newer - what is the
performance - on a Linux installed PPC machine , I can do a mental
comparison with previous knowledge and experience of BSD systems - on a G4
and a G5 system? I am wanting to set up a public studio for audio,
graphics, and animation. The current machines to be used are two G4 systems
- one blue and one mirrored.