[Ardour-Dev] OSC: Global master feedback

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Tue May 17 23:14:23 PDT 2016

The master and monitor strips now have feedback for faders and for mute
(master does). Transport buttons play, stop, rew and fast forward have
feedback as well.

In order to make this work on some surfaces, the OSC message has to be the
same both directions, complete with number of parameters. In order for the
feedback to give the LED status information it must have a parameter. As
such, all buttons that have feedback will accept no parameters as in the
past or accept a bool/int/float of 1 for press and 0 for release as the
parameter. As such, I will probably be removing the /ardour/pushbutton set
of commands as they are replaced dual mode normal commands.

I have tried to keep my manual page up to date and so you may find it
helpful of you wish to try things out.
http://scott.cbbs.org/using-control-surfaces/controlling-ardour-with-osc/
and
http://scott.cbbs.org/using-control-surfaces/controlling-ardour-with-osc/feedback-in-osc/

(yes you should be able to get to the second one from the first :)

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net