[Ardour-Dev] Ardour4 for teaching

Jörn Nettingsmeier nettings at stackingdwarves.net
Tue May 5 08:39:54 PDT 2015

Hi *!

First of all, thanks and congratulations for the Ardour4 release! It's a
pleasure to work with.

I'll be teaching a "studio 101" course this fall, targetted at beginning
home recordists, and all practical work will happen on Ardour4. Ideally,
I'd like all participants to walk away with a copy of Ardour4 on their
own machines.
Now I'm looking for a way to distribute copies of Ardour that will save
my students the hassle of PayPal and credit cards, but still let them
benefit for support.

So the questions are:

* Can I obtain unlimited non-demo builds of Ardour4 for Linux, Mac OS X
and Windows for this purpose?

* Will these builds be hard-localized, or can the language be switched
at run time? If the former, I would need German versions.

* How much money would you ask for copies distributed in this way? I
would collect that money and pass it on via my own Paypal account.

* How can my students then be registered as financially contributing
users and be eligible for minor updates and support?

It should be noted that I'm aware of the issues with windows support and
would pass on the appropriate warnings. The purchase of an Ardour4 copy
will be optional, so that no unwitting windows users are press-ganged
into buying and are then left out in the cold...

All best,

Jörn

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier
Lortzingstr. 11, 45128 Essen, Tel. +49 177 7937487

Tonmeister VDT

http://stackingdwarves.net