[Ardour-Dev] Feature proposal: exporting to Auphonic

Johannes Mueller github at johannes-mueller.org
Sat May 2 00:38:54 PDT 2015

Hi,

here at the Podlove Podcasting workshop raised the idea to implement support
for Auphonic [1] into Ardour. Auphonic is an online mastering service for
podcasts presentation or talks. You upload audio and later get the mastered
result. For anything with a lot of speech it's a huge improvement on audio
quality.

It would be similar to the Soundcloud upload feature. Before I start coding on
that, I would like to ask your opinion on the following issue.

Podcasting features are all about convenience and simplification to the user.
The workflows are repeating from episode to episode, so we'd like the software
to remember as much as possible. Thus I'd like to make the export feature as
"memorizing" as possible. Therefore we'd most probably need to add tags to the
session's file format and even to the template format.

What is the policy on that?

We would add the username/password of Auphonic, production preset for Auphonic
and settings which channels to upload to which track of the Auphonic
production.

Would it be ok to add tags like that to the session file format and to the
template data format?

Thanks ...

Johannes

[1] http://auphonic.com