[Ardour-Dev] [Ardour-Cvs] Ardour source branch cairocanvas updated. 3.5-3238-gc2fc7f0

Thomas Vecchione seablaede at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 03:40:42 PDT 2014

On Fri, Oct 3, 2014 at 5:37 AM, Colin Fletcher <
colin.m.fletcher at googlemail.com> wrote:

> There have been a few discussions about this on IRC: Ben at Harrison
> agrees with you (hence the conditional on Mixbus), but it seems we might
> have to bite the bullet and make it a config option...

Yea I haven't been able to pay much attention to IRC lately, hopefully my
life settles down so I can cause more trouble in it soon, but we will see.
I hate to make it a config option, one way or the other, I wonder if it
might be more about the editing mode you are in?  Not sure how well that
would work, but wondering if Object mode, which enables region movement
etc. would follow your description, but Range mode, which tends to be more
about editing in place if you aren't dragging a range etc, which would have
it's own logic, would follow what I am looking for if a range is not
selected, in which case it seems like it would make more sense to
automatically select the created range on such operations?

Honestly not certain, I just hate to add a config option for this, it leans
to the side of to many options to me, and I would almost rather depend on
track selection and the absense of a selection rather than add another
config option personally, but I only say that now after having just woken
up, and not really thinking through it.

        Seablade