[Ardour-Dev] 2.0-ongoing build - Scons error - can't find libusb

John Rigg ardev3 at jrigg.co.uk
Sat Mar 29 13:05:36 PDT 2014

I've got a fresh build of 2.0-ongoing installed and working on a Debian 7.4
amd64 system, except for Tranzport support. Scons reports that libusb can't be
found. I've installed the Debian packages libusb-dev, libusb-1.0-0-dev and
libusb++-dev. I've tried adding symlinks to libusb.h in /usr/local/include and
/usr/include, along with symlinks in /usr/lib to the actual libs in
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu, but it still doesn't work. I suspect there may be a
problem with the libtool version, but so far I've been unable to build the
current libtool from git due its insistence on trying to build a load of
documentation (which I don't want to install the large and bloated deps for).

Anyone encountered this and/or have a workaround?

John