[Ardour-Dev] plugin osc control, setting the last parameter triggers warning?

Wed Mar 5 21:54:25 PST 2014

Hi,
I have been trying to control plugin parameters through osc and that
seems to be working[*]. But when I send something to the last parameter
of a plugin, ardour prints:

   [WARNING]: Uninitialized Parameter symbol() called.

Ardour seems to take this in stride and keeps running, but the Log is
filled with these messages if I keep sending osc messages to last
parameters of plugins.

Apparently modifying parameters that are not the last one in a given
plugin results in nothing being printed.
Bug? Feature? :-)
-- Fernando

[*] I wrote some SuperCollider code that parses the ardour session and
looks for the remote id, controller number and parameter number based on
the track name, plugin name and parameter name and sets up routing from
midi controller messages to that parameter. Works so far...