[Ardour-Dev] OSC support improvement proposal

tom at trellis.ch tom at trellis.ch
Fri Jul 25 06:10:07 PDT 2014

On Fri, July 25, 2014 02:51, Maurizio Berti wrote:

> Here's a little draft I made for you, please forgive my grammar mistakes.
>

> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AIjbIEGwYAdZriugYN-PUgfdR4jhroi8uPye9
> kscak0/edit?usp=sharing

Hi Maurizio,

in your document you mention oschema but i think you missed the point
slightly. oschema is XML. It *does not* define any OSC standard messages,
commands or responses or ideas. The whole joke it does not do that, or
when doing it, making it so it can be reused as "aspects" by other
programs.
It's here so that any OSC API can be *described* in XML, nothing more or
less! So if you have an idea of how the API can be, it could be used to
describe it in a "standardized" way. There is currently no existing fomat
to do that so it can be seen as a proposal of a description format (NOT of
an API design!).

Ciao,
Tom