[Ardour-Dev] Hybrid tracks

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Wed Nov 21 04:20:25 PST 2012

On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 2:27 AM, Hartmut Noack <zettberlin at linuxuse.de>wrote:

> Hello devs,
>
> I build A3 yesterday and tried the hybrid tracks but was not capable to
> make them do something predictable. Before I flood Mantis I'd like to
> ask you, if these problems are adressed anyways:

hybrid tracks need to come with a warning. they are designed ONLY (and I do
mean ONLY) for use with very specific types of plugins - the plugin MUST
accept audio AND MIDI input. they are there to deal with the difficulty of
inserting a plugin like reaktor into an ardour audio or MIDI track. AFAIK,
there are no such plugins available on Linux.

use an audio or a MIDI track for everything else.

and make a suggestion on just how severe the warning needs to be and where
it should show up when someone tries to use such a track.

> And by the way: the region list shows entries with a light-grey font on
> a light-gray background. This may or may not be an issue in KDE(but no
> normal user will care or even think of such a reason for such a
> grotesque problem...).

it is a problem with KDE.

screenshot please.