[Ardour-Dev] FC16 x86_64 ardour3 svn 12220 progress

Paul Martin paul.purdon.martin at googlemail.com
Thu May 10 14:16:35 PDT 2012

On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 2:51 PM, Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com>wrote:

> On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 9:46 AM, Paul Martin
> <paul.purdon.martin at googlemail.com> wrote:
> > (Here is the post I foolishly and erroneously put on the forum yesterday.
> > (At least I can spell "newbie" and "embarrassing" now...))
> >
> > ... ...
> >

> > For me (my platform in subject line) Ardour2 (in the fedora distrib)
> works
> > but the current A3 binary segfaults at start, just after getting jack
> going
> > (A3 always segfaulted in FC15 too - I see that others have already
> reported
> > this issue).
> >
> > ...But wait...
> >
> > Building current A3 svn, I get lots of "file not found" errors on the
> vnum
> > stuff near the end of the build. :-(
> > _But_ I can just cp all the offending lib***.so files (and ardour-3.0
> > itself) over to build/libs/...
> > and then gtk2_ardour/ardev
> > works.
>
> this implies that your build is not correct, your environment is not
> correct and/or that F15 is messing something up.
>
> from what you've written, i'd just do a fresh checkout and build it
> from scratch. at least as a first step.

Yes. That worked. Many thanks.
(And in the spirit of trying to understand something about everything ... I
note that the main obvious difference between
the checkout that failed and the one that worked was indeed that
the old "cumulative" one had two .waf-***/ dirs.)

I wonder why the build works but the binary segfaults on fedora...
But hey ho! Any route to success.  :-)
Now I'd better do some stress testing on 12244
on this hardware.