[Ardour-Dev] Audio/Midi Editor

Timothé Mermet-Buffet mermetbt at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 01:36:01 PST 2012

I tried it ! Ok, it's usable, but it's not really composer friendly. For
example, in hydrogen I manage all the pattern, and place which I want where
I want. When I edit a pattern, it's applicable to all the song.
The MIDI matrix editor is really useful when the song is not always a loop
of the same little pattern, it works for instrument, but for percussion
it's a little bit complicated.
And the percussion mode doesn't provide a standard notation editor ;-)

The MIDI matrix editor is a great stuff, but it doesn't cover all the needs
of a musician, a recorder, or a composer. I'm interested in fixing this
lack in ardour.

2012/2/28 Alexandre Prokoudine <alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com>

> 2012/2/28 Timothé Mermet-Buffet wrote:
> > In fact, Ardour provides a matrix editor and there aren't standard
> notation
> > editor, tablature editor and drum editor.
>
> Of course there is a drum matrix editor. RIght-click on track's
> sidebar and choose percussion mode :)
>
> Alexandre Prokoudine
> http://libregraphicsworld.org

Timothé MERMET-BUFFET
3ème Année ENSIMAG
Institut Polytechnique de Grenoble (Groupe Grenoble Inp) - Grenoble
Institut of Technology
Ecole nationale supérieure d'informatique et de mathématiques appliquées