[Ardour-Dev] 2.8.12 export problem
ardev2 at jrigg.co.uk
Thu Jun 14 12:43:36 PDT 2012
On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 05:11:52PM +0100, John Rigg wrote:
> I've just tried exporting a stereo file from a 48kHz session in Ardour
> 2.8.12 to 44.1Hz 16-bit and encountered some very odd behaviour.
> In 2.8.11 this procedure used to produce a file without any audio in it
> for the first 3 or 4 attempts, but it would eventually export successfully.
> In 2.8.12 this has changed. The exported file contains audio but the
> file is truncated. Subsequent exports truncate the file to a different
> length, which appears to be random. Sometimes only a few MB are exported,
> other times 90% of what should be a 32MB file get exported. I gave up
> after 30 or so attempts failed to produce a full length file.
> Exporting to a 48kHz floating point file works fine.
> Exporting to 48kHz 16-bit with triangular dither also works.
> Add in sample rate conversion and the problem appears.
> System is Debian testing amd64 with jack-0.121.3 and 3.2.16 kernel with
> preempt but no rt-patch. Command line used to start jackd couldn't be
> jackd -d alsa
I just tested export with the same parameters in Ardour3 svn12724
and it exported successfully. It did take _much_ longer to export
though - it appeared to be exporting at the same rate as the file
played - so it's hard to tell if the issue that caused it in 2.8.12
is still there.
More information about the Ardour-Dev