[Ardour-Dev] Ardour3 rev.13135 undefined symbol

John Rigg ardev3 at jrigg.co.uk
Sun Aug 19 10:23:04 PDT 2012

On Sun, Aug 19, 2012 at 06:50:22PM +0200, Robin Gareus wrote:
> ardev and ardbg are scripts in ARDOUR-SOURCE/gtk2_ardour/ to launch
> ardour from the source-tree without installing it. Anyway, in your case
> /usr/local/bin/ardour3 is also a shell script where you can also add or
> edit LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

I didn't try looking for ardev there. Thanks.

> Note that  `./waf install` is not yet a supported way to install
> ardour3. While it does kind of work, it does not yet install midi-maps
> or midnam files for example.

No problem as I hardly ever use MIDI :-)

> The supported way to run a self-compiled version of A3 at this point in
> time is './ardev'.
> ardour3-svn currently contains a hack that will look in $HOME/gtk/inst/
> but don't count on it. It's clearly marked as "hack" and was actually
> intended to address a different issue (OSX builds if I'm not mistaken).

Thanks for the information. I actually installed a3 as a workaround to
get some tracks mastered for a CD which need to be finished by tonight.
I recently updated my ardour-2.8.12 installation and found that using
src while exporting (which is something I need) is completely broken
in 2.8.13 and 2.8.14. I'm reinstalling 2.8.12 to get the job done, then
I'll think about a3 again.

John