[Ardour-Dev] 2.8.12 testing

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Wed Sep 14 12:58:36 PDT 2011

I've put a test tarball of Ardour 2.8.12 at

   http://ardour.org/files/a2.8.12-beta.tar.bz2

Most significantly, it contains a complete backport of the Ardour 3
integration with the new JACK latency API. I have done some testing of
this myself, but I would really appreciate it if a few people could
give this aspect of the new version a more thorough test. This
basically means ensuring that regardless of the presence or absence of
latency-causing plugins on any tracks or busses, physical loopback
recording (out the audio h/w and back in again) results in perfectly
aligned material. Note that most plugins do not correctly report their
latency.

When testing this, please ensure that the *recording* track is
connected *ONLY* to the physical inputs you are recording from.

Obviously, I'd appreciate any other feedback on this version if you
come across anything new and startling. There are not many changes
since 2.8.11.

thanks very much for your help,

--p